A Content Management System (CMS), Plone-based, highly customizable, expanded with additional, ready-to-run modules.
Intended for the customers of the Dutch company Edition 1 B.V.
It has new and customized content objects, including subsites. A separate backend (for managing the content) and frontend (for presenting the content), that differ in appearance. The capability of adapting to individual needs of a customer provided by new modules.
The Client of Edition 1 requested adapting the Content Management System to specific needs, creating new modules (products) and using additional (already existing products).
A product has been developed that meets the following requirements: Swordfish 3 based on Plone 3, and Swordfish 4 based on Plone 4. The frontend appearance (skin) is adapted for each individual customer, whereas the backend is common. It has an additional module and a server for sending out eZines (newsletters).
An example of additional modules:
- File System Storage - for file system based storage of multimedia and binary files, instead of an object database
- FCKeditor - used as a WYSIWYG editor
- PloneFlashUpload - used to facilitate sending the majority of files and images
- PloneFormGen - for creating forms by the Customer himself
- quintagroup.seoptimizer - for optimization of indexing by search engines (Search Engine Optimization)
- collective.flowplayer - for Flash video playback
Python, Plone, Zope, Varnish, ZEO, Flash
"For me it's a great pleasure to recommend STX Next as real Python Experts. We are in business since 2007 and I have not regretted a single day! For B2B use, they have developed several websites and also a great portal. We use SwordFish as Plone based CMS (swordfish.nl) which is (co-)developed by STX Next. Employees and management are sociable and qualified for their work! Overview of some websites: van-buuren.com, mijn.van-buuren.com, e-api.nl, e-catalogus.nu, e-factuur.nu, planjevrijedagen.nu"