Is systems debt the same as tech debt? Not quite. But you can be sure that the more systems debt you have, the more likely you are to accumulate unmanageable amounts of tech debt—as well as grind delivery to a halt.
To save tech leaders worldwide from this very scenario we’re teamed up with Alishah Novin, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft, as our next Tech Leaders Hub guest.
Alishah to bear over a decade of engineering leadership experience and a history of making a tremendous impact at companies such as Cognizant and Celero Commerce. He’s also extremely passionate about helping people find jobs as software engineers.
But that’s not all. If you’ve ever seen someone on LinkedIn with the #OpenToHelping frame on their profile, Alishah is the one who came up with it—and got a modest 2 million views / 21,000 reactions on his LinkedIn post when he did!
Be sure to tune in to our session, where we have discussed about:
– What systems debt is, how it differs from tech debt, how it’s accrued, and how you pay it down
– What your Seniors should be doing to help you handle your systems debt
– Why you should plan for your Juniors leaving after as little as 18 months
– Why the way your team takes (or doesn’t take) breaks can help you diagnose systems debt
– Why you should hold Stupid Questions Only meetings
Senior Program Manager at Microsoft
Director of Engineering at Celero Commerce
Director of Engineering and Product Development at Cognizant
Dive into our library of Tech Leaders Hub sessions full of advice that will help you make better decisions and avoid common mistakes as a tech executive.
Our newsletter brings you all the best links for tech leaders from around the web—so you won’t have to spend time looking for good content yourself. Plus, you’ll get informed about all of our upcoming streams, webinars, and events.